My wife's new career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife's new career

When we got married she was sort of a Chef, but apparently (only learned that lately) she doesn't enjoy cooking.
    Since at the moment she's a full time mom I suggested she had something like a year to re-invent herself as something else, unless she wants to go back into the food industry or get burried in a 'regular' dead end job like most of the people have.
    It didn't really get anywhere so this last birthday I went ahead and bought her a new camera, hopefully one she won't be frustrated with, or better yet enjoy. Great success! She loved it. Came photography course and a set of high quality lenses to accompany her.
    When she finished the basic course she decided she wanted to continue to the advanced one (nearly the same amount of time, costs twice as much). I said no. Basic course proved way too easy as she stormed through it, leaving everybody way behind and I wasn't going to invest even more on a course which is 50% redundant even before she started it. Enrolled her to the professional studio course instead. Twice as long as the basic course, costs 4 times as much. That'll teach me not to argue...
    Since then we've got her a new camera which is quite the upgrade as well as some extra peripheral gear.

Current status:
    * She's motivated, very motivated. I like that.
    * I'm short many $$$, I hope she'll manage to break even at some point...
    * http://www.heavy-metal.co.il <-- now this makes me proud
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

In reality most photographers break even by taking wedding pictures.

Comment

Working...
    X