Matrox info on new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox info on new site

My brother-in law is starting a new online company and wants me to do o/c'ing and a "Get to know Matrox" corner, i.e. links to many threads at the Murc for sure!

It's called KillerPCs and should be up in a few weeks!

I'll be able to get and use many different combo's of hardware, BWAHAHAHAHA!

One of the systems I'm working to put together will be a P-3/K7 running @ the "G" spot along with hopefully a G450, both being Peltier cooled, the cpu and video

It'll be nice to have fair representation on a regular hardware resale site, will be hard not to be too biased

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated!
    jim

------------------
    Abit BE6 with P3 500 @ 5*124=620
    14.6 gb Maxtor ata66 and 128mb ram
    G400 vanilla 32mb @ 168/210
    Sblive with Altec Lansing speaker combo
    384k DSL and Realtek nic
    Windows 98se with DX7a
    3dMark2000 = 2956
    Worn out reset button :O)

[This message has been edited by DuRaNgO[MU] (edited 26 March 2000).]
    PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

durango, im impressed, just over a month and you already have 150 posts, i wish i could post useful information that often, hell ive been a member since like october and i dont even have 150 posts. Sorry i know this is not at all related, but i thought i should say it.

I wish you luck with it, and damn, i wish that it could be me!

Frankfurt
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

just good friends in the Netherworlds
      128mb pc-100 cas 2
      Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
      SB Live!
      Winblows 98se & DX7
      and 384k DSL!

Comment

Here's my $.02 on why I don't visit anandtech or sharkyextreme any more. Some of their reviews make them sound as if they are bought out by companies like Intel. It is very subtle, though. Something such as they don't do a comparison between the old technology and new technology to show the actual difference. And Anand's ego is too big for his head. There was one article on Anand's page that had a very clear error. I sent him a very curteous constructive criticism email, and nothing was done.

Tom's Hardware, on the other hand, seems to be a much more professional, objective review. Not perfect, though. It is obvious that he prefers AMD processors and nVidia video. However, I do not think that it taints the statistics of his reviews. However, I would like to see a bit more out of his video reviews. Tom rotates through many resolutions and refresh rates. However, he does not give stats for the average, minimum, and maximum fps. Personally, I think that the minimum fps is the most important video statistic because that is where you will be aggravated by its "slowness" the most.

Comment

Been creping around this forum since before the G100.

------------------
          INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
          G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
          SBlive
          192 MB RAM CAS2
          43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
          Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
          SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

and from a web page development standpoint, my $.02 are:

1. I hate frames. Frames are a really bad no-no. With frames, you cannot select the URL address and email it to your buddy and have him see what you are looking at. They are very bad if you want people to link to your site, too.

2. Due to privacy concerns, I hate cookies and javascript. Make sure that your site runs with them disabled.

3. Sanity check your web pages with more than just one browser. Definitely include Netscape and MS-IE in your viewing tests, and if you want to be adventerous, add a couple of others.

Comment

Thanks Thundr, good stuff!

It should be a little different than most hardware sales sites as my brother-in law is an nVidea fan who knows matrox makes good stuff and I'm a Murcer who knows that nvidea also has good stuff
              So instead of a red vs. blue site, it'll be a red and blue site with good info for both sides, unfortunately for 3dfx, there's no fans in the camp at this time
              jim

p.s. Frankfurt, I actually had over 500+ posts before feb. but it was lost in murcland so the murcgods were good to me
              128mb pc-100 cas 2
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              and 384k DSL!

Comment

Working...
              X