A rare news update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare news update

Just a shout-out to everyone to let you know that wifey Christine is spending the night tonight at Sanford Medical Center (formerly MedCenter One, formerly Bismarck Hospital) to recuperate from a "prophylactic hysterectomy" necessitated by the discovery of uterine fibroids a couple of months ago. The hysterectomy was deemed desirable to eliminate the risk of the fibroids eventually turning into something nasty later on. And the timing is excellent because we've already met our insurance deductible for the year.

The surgery itself was uneventful, lasting just a couple of hours. The surgeon used the Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, which required only three small incisions in the abdomen. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me observe, nor would they give me the excised organ in a bottle of formaldehyde (what a grand conversation piece that would have been!).

She'll be released tomorrow morning, pretty early, I think, because of Sanford's high "patient census." Then she'll recuperate at home for the next four weeks. And she's really looking forward to four weeks off work! She'll be spending that time supervising our kitchen remodel (all of the work being carried out by yours truly).

[holy crap, thank God for spell-check!]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Been there done that.

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
    ...And the timing is excellent because we've already met our insurance deductible for the year...
    Sad that's even a thing.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yes, best wishes indeed.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Best wishes to her!

And good luck with the renovations...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yes, best wishes on her recovery - and don't forget to spoil her a bit. Hysterectomies can play with their heads a bit so give her reassurances.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

All the best to her and a speedy recovery!!

Comment

Best wishes!

Comment

Working...
              X