Fantastic Beasts (201x, Potter-verse)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Beasts (201x, Potter-verse)

The CEO addresses the just-announced J.K Rowling partnership at a Beverly Hills conference Thursday, adding that Ben Affleck's Batman will be "tired, and kind of weary and seasoned."

Warner Bros. studio CEO Kevin Tsujihara touted the studio's new partnership with Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling Thursday.

“The hope is that we’re going to build a film franchise” that will impact a lot of the studio's businesses, Tsujihara told a room full of Wall Street analysts.
    >
    Rowling’s movies will feature Newt Scamander, who is portrayed on the Harry Potter books as the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a Hogwart’s textbook. The films will be set -- at the outset, at least --70 years prior to Harry Potter.

Tsujihara said Fantastic Beasts won’t only be a film series but also a video game and an attraction within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at theme parks run by Universal Parks and Resorts.

He wouldn't commit to more than one film, but made it clear that the intent is for it to draw a big audience and warrant sequels and a franchise tag. He called the project "incredibly important."

"The life-blood of the studio is the content," Tsujihara said. "We've had a long, long relationship with Clint Eastwood, Peter Jackson, Chris Nolan, Todd Phillips, Zack Snyder, and you want to make sure you can create a culture where they want to work."
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Bleh. I'd rather read about the the early years of Voldemort, the first Order of the Phoenix up to when he made the last horcrux.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
    X