Clear All

• Arrow (CW - season 2) [John Diggle suits up]

Updated character list for S2 -

Summer Glau as Isabel Rochev

Caity Lotz as Black Canary

Michael Jai White as Bronze Tiger

Kevin Alejandro as Sebastian Blood/Brother Blood

Bex Taylor-Klaus as Sin

Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Amanda Waller (Checkmate & Suicide Squad)

Actor TBD as Barry Allen/The Flash later in the season.

And this year Oliver takes on the name Green Arrow
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 September 2013, 01:12.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Grant Gustin will play the lightning-fast character also known as Barry Allen, and appear in three episodes of "Arrow" -- including the backdoor pilot.

Grant Gustin will play the lightning-fast character also known as Barry Allen, and appear in three episodes of "Arrow" -- including the backdoor pilot.

The Flash producers have found their speedster.

Glee's Grant Gustin has landed the key role of The Flash/Barry Allen in The CW's backdoor pilot and potential Flash spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Gustin will play the iconic comic book character and appear in three episodes of The CW's Arrow -- eight, nine and 20 -- the latter of which will serve as the backdoor pilot for a potential spinoff Flash series.

Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg as well as director David Nutter are behind the potential spinoff. Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment's Geoff Johns -- a writer/consultant on Arrow -- will pen the script for Warner Bros. Television; Nutter will direct.

The potential Flash spinoff will be an origin story similar to what producers did with Stephen Amell starrer Arrow. All three Barry Allen episodes will be penned by Berlanti, Kreisberg and Johns.

"When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist … an ordinary man," Kreisberg told reporters in July when the project was first announced. The character, like Amell's vigilante, will be grounded in reality and as realistic as possible. The first two episodes will see the character in Queen's home of Starling City, with the 20th providing a window to see Barry in The Flash's world.

Barry Allen is described a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fan boy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante.

"Part of the fun for the audience … is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy," Kreisberg said. "Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

One of the things that grounds The CW's Arrow is the fact that the series isn't about individuals with superpowers -- with The Flash a clear violation of that. Producers noted that they will handle the introduction of Barry's superspeed in a way that isn't commonplace. "There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way," Kreisberg noted.

Added Johns: "We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry -- life as a forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them -- in a very different way than Oliver Queen. The intention, they noted, will be to add to Arrow instead of stripping away characters from the series should the spinoff move forward, meaning it's likely the residents of Starling City will remain there.

For Gustin, the role reunites him with The CW, where he most recently had a multiple-episode arc on the final season of 90210. His breakout role came on Fox's Glee, where he recurred as a member of the all-male group the Warblers. His credits also include CSI: Miami and the Lifetime telepic A Mother's Nightmare. He's repped by Robert Stein Management and CESD.

“I’m unbelievably excited. I’ve been a lifelong fan of DC Comics, so I can’t be more honored and can’t wait to get started," Gustin told THR.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2

ONE-HOUR SPECIAL
      “Arrow: Year One” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
      (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

A LOOK BACK THE FIRST SEASON WITH AN EXCLUSIVE LOOK AT SEASON TWO — This one-hour special gives fans a chance to catch up on the incredible events that led billionaire Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) to secretly create the persona of Arrow. Five years after being lost at sea, Oliver returns to Starling City to carry out his father’s dying wish: take down the corrupt elite who have failed his city. The special follows Oliver as he delivers vigilante justice and discovers that the real threat to his city is far greater than he ever imagined. An exclusive first look at season two is included. The special also stars Katie Cassidy, Colin Donnell, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Manu Bennett, Susanna Thompson and Paul Blackthorne.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Green Arrow & Black Canary (no fishnets )

Bronze Tiger
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Stephen Amell reveals more info about the second half of season 2 and even tells us what to expect up to season 5! Plus more on Diggle’s much awaited time in the sun and wanting Ra’s al Ghul on the show. Read on for more.

1. Oliver’s 5 years on the Island will be explored over 5 seasons

“Oliver has a back story… and we have a plan to tell that backstory over 5 seasons. That’s the plan but all you ever think about is shooting episode 18 right now. That’s our forty-first episode… and all we think about is we need to make our forty-first episode better than our fortieth episode.”

2. Season Finale will be BIG on size and scope
          Which he reveals won’t be finished filming until April 17th.

“Some people haven’t heard about the size and scope of our finale. We are actually saving money on episodes we are shooting right now so that we can put it into the finale. And I have no idea how they are gonna turn that around in time.”

3. Diggle is getting his moment in the sun
          The “Suicide Squad” episode will be all about Diggle, so much so that Amell will only be filming 4/9 days (usually he films up to 7 days) for that episode.

4. Stephen Amell want’s Ra’s al Ghul to be on the show.

“I want Ra’s al Ghul on the show. Let me clarify something about the pronunciation of Ra’s al Ghul. Because Nyssa in the most recent episode says Raysh, but its been established prior by people in Starling city saying its Razz. So I needed to follow suit despite mild protestations made by me. It would be fantastic to see that character on the show. We certainly name dropped him… a lot."

Note: Stephen previously said he desperately wanted Bruce Wayne on the show, so the sudden change in opinion could be a hint.

5. Episode 15 is called "The Promise" and its all about Katie Cassidy's Laurel and Ollie

"Before flying here I watched episodes 14 and 15. There's a scene between Katie Cassidy and I in episode 14 that I'm incredibly proud of and as a whole... the episode 15 is called "The Promise"... and as a whole I was just blown away by that episode. I actually bought wi-fi on the plane yesterday so that I could be in email with the producers and the director just to say I'm very proud to be a part of this. Our 15th episode is by far our best episode of the series."

6. Roy’s role on the team and his relationship with Ollie

“There is an uneasy alliance, because Oliver brought Roy into Team Arrow out of necessity not desire. He needed it at that particular moment. He’s worried. Because, as we are about to explore about what’s happened on the island, things so really bad with Slade, really really bad. He’s determined to not let that happen to Roy... but Roy has a lot to do to prove himself for Oliver to fully trust him.”
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks like Diggle has taken Oliver's advice about concealing his identity. Ramping up to being The Guardian?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I actually watched the four seasons of Arrow but it is really going downhill season by season and I really would not know how they could pick it up well again in season 5.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
              X