No announcement yet.

Add 2nd email domain to Exchange 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add 2nd email domain to Exchange 2007?

Hi

We are changing from a .com to a .co domain and I need to add this to our Exchange box, keeping the old domain working too. I have done most of the job, adding the new domain to the allowed domains list, sorting out the incoming email to be collected from the same catch-all account by our existing pop-collector and distributed to the relevant accounts (only tested on one so far).

What I am struggling with is sorting out Send As permissions. The articles I have found seem to infer that adding an email policy would solve this at the same time as adding the new email address to all existing mailboxes, but I am not sure.

I really need a step by step guide to doing this. I can't afford to risk cocking this up!

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Tony.
    FT.

I cleared this up soon after the post. I'm just about to start a new completely unrelated thread and thought I should explain this one, mainly for the benefit of Googlers who also struggled to find clarity at the time.

My stumbling point was the difference between a user account and an email alias. Adding the new email domain simply adds the ability to set new email addresses. Adding a new email address to a user is of course different to adding a new user, so the Send As discussion is irrelevant. If I wanted my users to be able to send from either email address then I would need to add extra accounts to Outlook that they could choose from.

In the end I didn't bother with that. We just quietly switched from one domain to another over a weekend, no announcement or fanfare. I think few people will notice and it will take a very long time for the old one to die out.

Cheers,

T.
    FT.

Comment

Working...
    X