LG OPTIMUS G Pro impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LG OPTIMUS G Pro impressions

OK- got the phone by UPS Tuesday and have spent a couple of days setting it up, transferring things etc. -which is a tad harder because of the old one being an.iPhone. Transferring SMS was the biggest pain. Got it for $59.99 from Walmart's website as a cross-promotion with AT&T. A steal.

The G Pro is an impressive piece of hardware -FAST!!, a long feature list that includes a Slimport HD vidout through the USB charging/data port, a TV IR remote blaster, both cams are HD and can record simultaneously in a PIP'ed stream, and that HUGE 5.5" 1920x HD screen.

It looks and feels a lot like the Galaxy Note II, but lacks the S-Stylus, though it can use a capacitative one. Voice recognition seems to work very well (so far) for searches, commands, and text entry, though the MIC key on the onscreen KBD is close to the spacebar and I've accidentally hit it a couple of times.

Browsjng is easy, calls sound good (the speaker is LOUD) and it can be used as a mobile hotspot. You can also share its connection with a PC or laptop via the USB cable. Tons of other toys.

The 13mp camera takes good quality pics, ghough not as good as the wifes Canon point n shoot. Not unexpected, and they'll probably improve with better cam software from the Voogld Play Store.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 August 2013, 10:50.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X