Dial- Up Problems in W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial- Up Problems in W2K

I have a very annoying Problem with my dial-up connection under Win2K Pro. I am able to connect to my Internet-Provider if it is not full on my first attempt - but as soon I need more than one try (which happens way to often) Windows simply restarts without any warning or error message. Everything works fine on my parallel win98 installation.

My ISDN card is AVM Fritz! Isa. W2K has special drivers for it and they work fine but this damn problem. I played with all the different adjustmensts but nothing helped.

Does anyone know a similar problem or even a solution?

My Setup:

Asus P2B
    Celeron 466
    128MB Ram
    G400 DH 32 MB
    G200 Marvel
    Fritz! Card Classic

------------------
    this message was posted by Digital_Hell_Native

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    ----------------------------
    Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) (1835-1910), American Writer

I've got a weirder one. If I use Internet Explorer to launch the internet the connection will fail due to a configuration error. If click directly on the dial up shortcut the machine connects without any problems. As far as I can see the settings are identical!
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have a couple of NT workstations with separate Dial-Up connections and it happened to give me a headache why some of those identically configured machines can't connect via IE5 but with the normal RAS connection and others just work fine.
      Switching back to IE4 makes all the machines work fine. Netscape also works.
      BTW,
      Digital Hell Native, does it say something like "The connection is already in use" or something like that?

Regards, Alegria.

------------------
      The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
      Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
      Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
      X