Please Lord, let this reboot rumbling DIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Lord, let this reboot rumbling DIE

There are significant rumblings, and rumors of set builder & crew hirings, that Universal is going to reboot -

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

If it doesn't have Robert Shaw in it, it's not Jaws. RIP.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

"You're going to need a bigger boat" only works once. And without it, it's not "Jaws."
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Noooooo, not another series of "Sharnado" Shark 3DDD" and "Sharktopus"!!

Sigh!

Comment

Remember the Jaws 3D commercial from Back to Future?

Comment

It'll be a huge hit provided they get decent actors, producer and director.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

This is one of the few movies where I see a reboot working... Ok, for most of us, Jaws is youth sentiment. But all things considered, it could benefit from better special effects, more modern cinematography, etc... Just the same story in a modern jacket. While it has a cult status, it is not like Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

Only problem is that the current hollywood trend is to make everything so action packed that they might completely mess up the slow build-up of suspense and also end up with sharks with frikkin' lasers attached to their heads.
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                Only problem is that the current hollywood trend is to make everything so action packed that they might completely mess up the slow build-up of suspense and also end up with sharks with frikkin' lasers attached to their heads.
                It's not a problem, it's why it would work. How many block-busters have a slow build-up of suspense anymore? It's action first, ask questions later.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

True... but if it would just be a few shark attacks without suspense building, there isn't much movie...
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I think we already had an action-packed "Jaws" movie... anyone remember Deep Blue Sea?
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Apparently not. Sounds terrible.
                      And sounds like what I would expect a remake of Jaws to be like.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                      X