Which car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which car?

After 6 loyal years, I'm trading in my Honda Civic Hybrid tomorrow. The main reason: my spinal stenosis disability makes it increasingly difficult for me to get out of the driver's seat, which is very low. There are a few other minor reasons, but I was very happy with it, on the whole; a good well-equipped economical vehicle.

I'll leave you to guess which car will take its place. Winner gets a pint of virtual beer.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Merc S-Class?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

VW Jetta TDI
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Comfort wise, I think nothing beats a Citroen for the price. I still miss my ZX
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
          Comfort wise, I think nothing beats a Citroen for the price. I still miss my ZX
          Probably another hybrid?

I'd OK Citroen. I drove C4 Picasso from Slovenia to Genova and C5 From Belgium across Netherlands, Germany. Very good experience.

Especially I liked the C5.

Of course you'll probably get some hybrid.

Comment

You all are not thirsty for your virtual beer, yet. The following is part of a photo

2013-08-09_085049.png

Another clue: the maker's figure for CO2 emissions is 22 g/km LESS than the Honda Civic Hybrid

Comment

My first thought would be a Toyota Auris Hybrid (or Corolla, depending on the market they have a different name), but I don't think that photo is a Toyota. My guess would be another hybrid, and the photo looks a bit like it is closer to some cross-over model. I'm going with another Honda Hybrid (but I have no idea about their current models).
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Nope! No Honda hybrid is compatible with my back. I did consider the Auris hybrid whose seat height is better than the Honda (and the Prius), but I didn't like it as I need a wider door, so I ruled that one out. Its general comfort on the road was not very startling, either (poor ride, road noise). It would possibly be an ideal economic town car, though.

Comment

The wheels should give it away, but I can't quite place it.
                  A Tesla?
                  Actually it looks quite a bit like a Tesla Model S, but they have a badge just behind and above the front wheels.
                  Last edited by cjolley; 9 August 2013, 03:52.
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                    The wheels should give it away, but I can't quite place it.
                    A Tesla?
                    Actually it looks quite a bit like a Tesla Model S, but they have a badge just behind and above the front wheels.
                    Don't know what it is, but I know what it is not:
                    Not Ford, Opel, Skoda, Seat, Renault, Toyota, Honda or Mazda.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                      Don't know what it is, but I know what it is not:
                      Not Ford, Opel, Skoda, Seat, Renault, Toyota, Honda or Mazda.
                      Nor Tesla (I'm not that rich!)

Comment

VW : Either Polo/Golf BlueMotion Hybrid ?
                        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                          VW : Either Polo/Golf BlueMotion Hybrid ?
                          Nope! Sorry, no beer!

Comment

Look like the mirrors from a Chevy Impala, but again no badge where there should be one.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

a BMW x-series ?
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X