X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a Boy! ;-)

Just got hold of it on UK Tv.

8.6Lbs @ 4.24pm.

Not sure if its been posted somewhere else.

The Only hope now is that Charles isn't King.

Yay.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

I take it Charles is not well liked among the people of the Commonwealth?

Has the baby's name been released?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Haven't heard a name yet, but he doesn't need one.
      Whatever come under Duke and Duchess (xxx) 'Of Cambridge', will suffice.

And, well, Charles has a lot of things against him, Lady Diana Spencer for one (Edit : Have you seen Camilla ?), and not quite who you'd like sitting on the Throne at all as two.
      I would skip to William, let him have a long Reign, as did his Grandmother, the actual Queen.

Edit : Looks like its 'Marquess' from the Wiki on Peerage.
      Last edited by Evildead666; 22 July 2013, 13:35.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

All this media fuss because a kid pops his head out leaves me stone cold. He was a week late for his appearance into the bargain. I thought that punctuality was an attribute of royalty. I pity the poor bugger for the life he will have to lead.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
          All this media fuss because a kid pops his head out leaves me stone cold. He was a week late for his appearance into the bargain. I thought that punctuality was an attribute of royalty. I pity the poor bugger for the life he will have to lead.
          Didn't you know the stork was using iMaps and got lost..
          paulw

Comment

Prince George.

I'm not an ardent royalist, but I have to wonder where ED666 gets that about Charles from. Charles is as well loved as any of the royal family. Yes there was some controversy over the Diana/Camilla thing but no-one holds that against him now, and I believe he is a highly intelligent and well respected man who would make a good King.

The current Queen will not abdicate, she sees it as a lifelong commitment (unlike the previous Pope!) and while she is able to continue to do a good job I am sure she will be supported. I think we'll see a succession of Kings, each doing 10-30 years, starting when the Queen dies in perhaps 10 years time. The family has great longevity.
            FT.

Comment

Sorry, FT. I cannot agree with you re Charles. He is too much an interfering political animal to make a good king, who should remain neutral over all matters. In addition, he is the least popular of the family, and not just because of Diane/Camilla, He would be the biggest hypocrite of all time to become Defender of the Faith and Governor of the Church of England, at which he has waved two fingers on several occasions. I would be better pleased if he had the manhood and courage to refuse the Crown, so that William, who is universally popular, could take over, That way, he and Camilla can hold conversations with his flowers in the gardens of his pile. Who was it who said the monarchy was past its sell-by date? He is detested in many Commonwealth countries, especially Oz (and by the press, architects and anti-organic-foodists!).

Perhaps my late mother was right when she exhorted me never to buy a car from a man who wears double-breasted suits.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Somehow, I also have the feeling that Prince Charles is not that popular. Perhaps it is how it is depicted by foreign media, but it comes over quite strong.

But... what happens to the "God save the queen" when the country will have a king?
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It was "God Save the King" for the previous male monarchs its changed to suit the monarch.

I agree totally with Brian.
                  We've been ex-pats for quite some time now, and just about everybody we know would not want Charles to be King.
                  He hasn't exactly demonstrated any leadership qualities of any kind, and just isn't that popular.

William on the Other hand, would have a fabulously long reign, is very well liked due to both his mother, and the fact that he is basically one of the first of the Royal Family to be almost 'Normal'.
                  I'm not saying that the rest of the faimly is abnormal, but you can just sense that the 'Force' is different with him and his brother.

Comment

Working...
                  X