Asus P3V4X and Marvel G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P3V4X and Marvel G400

Marvel G400 on an Asus p3v4x mobo.. Probelem is when I load up the Matrox software I get a garbled screen when the comp goes to sleep and I get a black screen lock on shutdown or reboot. Uninstall matrox drivers and all is ok.(except of course for the glorious 16 color display )

I have updated the mobo with the latest bios from asus and tried the latest drivers from Matrox.

Been at it for 14 hours now need help.

TIA

Des
    Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Mother Board
    Intel 3.01GHZ CPU
    1024 mb KingMax DDR ram
    RT X10
    Millenium G550
    Main HDD Seagate 40gb
    2nd HDD Seagate 120gb
    Win XP SP2
    Adobe Premiere 6.5
    DVDWS 2
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    DVD Burner Sony DRU-510A
    Sony HandycamDCR-PC100e

I don't think you should be using the latest drivers from Asus *or* the latest G400 drivers from Matrox.

The latest VIA 4in1 set, 4.20, is currently on Asus's FTP site. There are known issues with the P3V4X and the AGP driver. If you are using them, you should probably stop. At the very least you should uninstall the AGP driver and install the 4.17 AGP driver that shipped with your board.

The latest Matrox drivers, PD 5.52, have problems with non-Intel chipsets. I also think they do not have any sort of official Marvel/Rainbow Runner support, although I haven't checked recently. The PowerDesk 5.41 drivers do. Many people with VIA chipsets can run the 5.41 set, although some have better luck with PD 5.30.

If you haven't already done so, go into your motherboard's BIOS and open your AGP aperture to 256. Disable all video shadowing and caching.

Make sure your board in completely in the AGP slot and properly aligned. This can be really tricky. Sometimes it looks like it is in there, but it's just a little off.

The G400 should be on IRQ 9, 10, or 11. It should not be sharing with another device other than IRQ Hold for PCI Steering.

Good luck.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hi Paul

The answers to complex questions are always simple... it's the finding the answers that are complex.

Hows this as a trap for young players.

My system came to me unloaded. I installed my programs and then waded through the problems as previously noted here. Your reply came and I saw " AGP driver " ?????

Installed all the drivers from the CD that came with the mobo aaaaand, yep ...

problem solved !!!!!!

Lesson well learned and not to be forgotten.

Des

[This message has been edited by dasher (edited 25 March 2000).]
      Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Mother Board
      Intel 3.01GHZ CPU
      1024 mb KingMax DDR ram
      RT X10
      Millenium G550
      Main HDD Seagate 40gb
      2nd HDD Seagate 120gb
      Win XP SP2
      Adobe Premiere 6.5
      DVDWS 2
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
      DVD Burner Sony DRU-510A
      Sony HandycamDCR-PC100e

Comment

Glad to hear things are working for you.

The P3V4X is a fussy board, but after tinkering with it for a couple of weeks and testing it with different components, I've found it to be very fast and very stable. It just needed some coaxing.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
        X