Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Fox TV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Fox TV)

LXG: Alan Quartermain, Captain Nemo, Tom Sawyer, Dorian Gray, Mrs. Johnathan (Mina Murray) Harker (a vampire). Hawley Griffin (The Invisible Man), Dr. Jekyll / Mr Hyde, etc.

A new superhero team may be coming to primetime.

Fox has ordered a pilot based on Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill’s popular graphic novel The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Writer-producer Michael Green (Green Lantern, Kings, Heroes) will serve as showrunner.

The show chronicles “a group of Victorian age literary characters, including Captain Nemo, the Invisible Man, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, who team up to fight a common enemy.”

The comic was launched in 1999 and was adapted into a 2003 origin-story film starring Sean Connery as Allan Quatermain. The film was intended to start a franchise, but underperformed at the box office. The off-season order from Twentieth Century Fox TV represents Fox following up on its pledge to do year-around development and scheduling of its shows. The order is technically a “put pilot,” which means the network is committed to airing the produced episode or else it faces a substantial penalty.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 July 2013, 20:47.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I quite liked the movie and would love to see more done with the property. I have some misgivings about a TV series as they don't generally bode well for this sort of content, at least not outside of channels like HBO and AMC.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
    X