Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some days you shouldn't watch local news

All local -

Drawbridge operator dropped the bridge on a freighter. Both heavily damaged. Drunk.

Roads closed by city hall for city firefighter funeral (trapped in building collapse - smoke inhalation.) Wife + 13 month old daughter, just on the job a few months.

Immediately after that, a man walks into city hall making a bomb threat. Clerk sees device around his body. PD robot convinces him to surrender and disrobe to examine the device, but not before the entire area is covered wall to wall with SWAT & snipers, Schools are locked down for hours. Ended with no booms.

Saudi Arabian man arrested at Metro Airport for lying about his baggage, which contained - a pressure cooker. He also said you can't get them here.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Your news sounds about the same dumb down level as ours..
    paulw

Comment

You forgot to add

Detroit 'clearly insolvent', says emergency manager
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yeah - that's obvious to everyone outside city limits, but still causing a s***storm politically.

The corrupt "Democrat" political machine there is trying to deflect by saying the state takeover is anti-democratic, racist, a Republican plot etc. etc. The problem is that the Democrats in Detroit are an aberration from the rest of the state Democrat party, which is of a reasonable bent. The Detroit branch is, for lack of a better term, a bunch of crooks and criminals and this extends into Wayne County govt. Right now the FBI is all over the County Executive (a former Sheriff) and his crew, and the county budget is so far out of whack it may get taken over too.

Many former Detroit offiicehders are already in prison (including former Mayor Kilpatrick), under charge, or have the FBI investigating their every move. That the State Treasurer who recommended that our Republican governor take over Detroit is a former Democrat Speaker of the House says a lot.

Every time people drive by the City-County Building they hold their noses.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 May 2013, 14:20.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I found unplugging from media and following news that matters (not sensationalist stories) selectively and actively on internet (I can pause video or stop reading article and look up background, facts, figures, cross-check) is best.

The less you follow news the less depressive you are.

Comment

Working...
          X