Disney: series of Star Wars films...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney: series of Star Wars films...

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm announced today at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that Star Wars: Episode VII will hit theaters in the summer of 2015 and that every summer after that will offer a "Star Wars" film, alternating with one of the standalone films.

We knew they were targeting "Episode VII" for 2015, but a summer date had not yet been confirmed. Also, while it was known they were working on standalone films, the fact that we'll be getting a "Star Wars" movie every summer is a new development. We don't know how many standalone films they are planning on making at this time in addition to the new trilogy.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I have a bad feeling about this...

Comment

You're not the only one.

I can really really see them cocking this up so bad, that a whole new generation will avoid Star Wars because of the crapness.
      And it will be up to those in the know to tell them about the original films....
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I actually think that Disney can manage the Star Wars franchise better than Lucas managed to. Sure, there will likely be a lot of things they push out with "Star Wars" on it that the fans aren't thrilled with, but I can see a future where we have Disney produced Star Wars films that are considerably better than the prequels Lucas helmed. I base this partly on history; what I consider to be the best Star Wars film: Empire Strikes Back. Lucas was far more hands off on that one than the others and it turned out great.

Of course Disney could screw it all up royally and make us all sick to death of Star Wars.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Jimmy Kimmel's audience asks Harrison Ford questions

See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/SUBSCRIBE to get the latest #KIMMEL: http://bit.ly/JKLSubscribeWatch the latest Mean Tweets: htt...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X