PETMAN robot advances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETMAN robot advances

PETMAN, the anthropomorphic robot from DoD contractor Boston Dynamics is getting even more human-like. Boston Dynamics also makes the Big Dog pack-bot and the fastest legged robot - Cheetah.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This video is much better appreciated when playing Staying Alive at the same time!
    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
      This video is much better appreciated when playing Staying Alive at the same time!
      LOLZ
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Skynet called, they want their mark 1 terminator back.

Comment

The movements are definitely getting into uncanny valley territory.

Comment

Why are they trying to make a human-like robot. Is that really some sort of optimal form?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Boston Dynamics says PETMAN is just to test human protective gear, but it's likely to also research bots that can use human equipment. We are pretty efficient at cross-country trave, and recent developments in artificial muscles could help the power issue (they recharge the battery on the return stroke.) That could end up going in many directions.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X