Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014 - Marvel: posters, spot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardians of the Galaxy (2014 - Marvel: posters, spot)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy has found its lead. Deadline is reporting that "Parks & Recreation" and Zero Dark Thirty star Chris Pratt will play Peter Quill (aka Star-Lord) in the August 1, 2014 release.

The Quill character is likely to be the central protagonist of the film. Raised on Earth, Quill learns that his father was from outer space and is drawn into an intergalactic conflict that eventually leads to him becoming the leader of the team.

Quite arguably Marvel Studios' most offbeat property to date, Guardians of the Galaxy's roster is also said to include Drax the Destroyer, Groot, Rocket Racoon and Gamora. Check back for casting details on those roles as they emerge.
    Yes, a gun-toting raccoon - genetically engineered anthropomorphic animals are used on one of the worlds in this part of Marvel's universe. They're used as caretakers in an asylum, but Rocket becomes captain of the starship Rack 'n' Ruin.

Rocket Raccoon

Production images -

Rack 'n Ruin ??

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 April 2013, 05:05.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

In talks to play Gamora is -

Zoe Saldana

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 July 2013, 18:33.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

A teaser reel played at Comic-Con for Guardians of the Galaxy and it brought the house down. Description below -

From the floor of Comic-Con, Eric Vespe brings a detailed description of Marvel's panel on James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Benicio del Toro, Lee Pace and Karen Gillan!

>
      Footage started with a dusky shot of a man entering a ship of some kind. The whole thing is very dark. The silhouette slowly walks around a few halls until he's in a room with a silver orb floating atop a pedestal. He reaches for it and takes it without a problem. When he turns around we see it's Chris Pratt and we're not the only ones to see him. A group of angry looking men with big scary looking guns rush in (led by Hounsou) who screams at him to drop the orb.

”Yeah, cool man. No problem! No problem at all!” Djimon: “Who are you?” Music swells and Pratt says: “Star-Lord.” “Who?” In an “aw, come on!” tone, Pratt says “Star-Lord, man. The legendary outlaw?”

Needless to say, he's arrested. John C. Reilly is like a space cop who is looking over his prisoners, which is the skeleton the footage hangs on. It's their way of introducing these guys to us. There's a deputy of some kind in the room with him and he's talking to him throughout. “We arrested these five on Zandar. Check out the rap sheets. Drax aka The Destroyer. He's killed scores of Ronan's lieutenants in his search for vengeance...” We see Drax standing, cuffed, in some kind of line-up room/observational thing... except super sci-fi'd with electric windows and all that jazz.

”Gamora, Thanos' adopted daughter... her own personal death machine.” and we see a green-skinned Zoe Saldana standing like she doesn't give a f**k.

Then it cuts to a little furry guy standing on a box in the observation room and the audience went apeshit. I couldn't hear what John C. Reilly was saying, but he did say “Rocket Raccoon” and “over 50 charges of vehicular theft and escape from lockup.” Rocket looks annoyed and kind of exhales loudly, almost a sneeze.

Then it cuts to a tall figure standing in the observation room. So tall in fact that we don't see his head. Looks like someone just planted a tree in the room... until it moves, ducking down to look through the window so we see his face. “Groot.” Reilly described him as “houseplant/muscle.”

Now it's back to Pratt. “Peter Jason Quill. He's also known as Star-Lord.” Deputy, “Who calls him that?” “Himself, mostly. He's wanted for minor theft, avoiding prosecution, fraud...” As Reilly is reading off the charges, Pratt is doing that turn-the-crank-jack-in-the-box middle finger thing, then acting all innocent. “I'm sorry! I didn't know how this machine worked!” The way Pratt sold that moment killed the audience. So funny.

The rest of the footage was more montage style, beginning with Pratt being led through alien jail. He sees a big blue brute guy (mostly make-up and practically executed) picks up a pair of headphones. Blue Swede's Hooked On A Feelin' can be heard coming from them. “Hey, hey, hey! That's mine!” The alien prisoner defiantly puts them on his head. Quill breaks free, hands still cuffed, and chases after him. “Come here, you big blue bastard! Take that off your head right now!” And he tackles the big guy.

Hooked On A Feelin' plays throughout the rest, giving a driving, light and fun beat through the rest of the footage. There's a knife going to a sleeping Gamora's throat, her eyes snapping open, Drax punching some poor thing into oblivion and, my favorite, a grimacing Rocket Raccoon double fisting uzis and spraying lead in arcs around him. Bunch of action beats and then back to John C. Reilly.

”They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy.” His deputy: “What a bunch of a-holes.”

======

The footage was silly, ridiculously charming and easily the most fun of anything played in Hall H today. James Gunn's sensibilities were on full display and Chris Pratt was knocking it out of the park. I love him on Parks and Rec, but he's on another level here. I'll eat my hat if he's not an a-lister in the next couple of years.

The secret to a group this weird is to jump headfirst and give it all you got. You can't shy away from the bizarre nature of this particular story at any point or the whole illusion shatters and it seems like Gunn, Feige and the rest of the Marvel team knows this... and turned the weird up to 11.
      >
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

This one looks like a lot of fun
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Trailer!

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Actually looking forward to this movie more than some of the other forthcoming Marvel/DC films.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Destined to be a poster in my man-cave

(Watch trailer above)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

EPIC!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Official Trailer #2

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

POSTERS

BTW: the Guardians may well be in Avengers 3

Star Lord (Peter Quill)

Rocket Raccoon & Groot

Gamora

Drax

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 June 2014, 01:45.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X