Outlook Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Help Needed

So the company I work for has been on Outlook 2010 for awhile now and I've found the "Always Move Conversation to Folder..." option to be a great time-saver. There's a few issues I have that I wonder if anyone knows a workaround or better way for:

1. Always move... seems to bypass/ignore any rules
    2. Always move... does not work if I am in certain folders/search folders (I think it's any message in 'Sent Items'

Because of the first one, if I send any message addressed to a distribution list I am also a member of, I get that just sent message in my inbox. No problem there really, I had that happen anyways, but I had a rule setup to delete anything from myself that was not sent directly to myself.

Keep thinking I must be missing something, that there has to be a better way than what I'm doing now. I love the feature because of the amount of email I get at work and my obsessive need to always file things in certain places -- I just don't want to have to do it manually every time.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

I don't know but while we're at it: Is there a way to force Outlook to save sent mails in the inbox by default?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
      I don't know but while we're at it: Is there a way to force Outlook to save sent mails in the inbox by default?
      Umfriend, what kind of server do you have behind Outlook?
      IMAP, POP, Exchange?

Otherwise it's best to simplify. In each iteration I had fewer subfolders. Now I have just @waitingfor @review and @done under my inbox.

Comment

I think it is Exchange.

I have multiple projects and I need to file by project and within as well. For one reason or another, with Outlook I don't do it sufficiently. Never had that with Lotus Notes.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X