Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have been an Ultima RPG fan back in the 80's/90's ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have been an Ultima RPG fan back in the 80's/90's ..

Richard Garriott is at it again and tries to kickstart his new project.

Richard Garriott, the award winning designer and creator of the Ultima franchise, makes his triumphant return to the genre that earned him a place in the Hall of Fame and a Lifetime Achievement Award. Shroud of the Avatar is the first installment of Richard’s new vision and represents the reinvention of the classic, fantasy role-playing which he pioneered. A fantasy role-playing game that will focus more on player choices and discovery than on level grinding.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...aken-virtues-0

(nice video here starting from his beginnings with the Ultima series and what he plans to do with the new game)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Did you play Ultima 9? It's not that I don't have faith in Lord British, it's just... uh... that was a horror show.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

no, haven't played that one, but i've read the story about it at Wikipedia and with four versions of the story, main designers leaving in the middle of the final process and EA forcing a release date that no one wanted except EA i can imagine it was a big mess.

Guess that's why i like that Kickstarter concept, there's no company behind that forces an unfinished product to be released just because it fits into some obscure timeschedules of marketing people with no clue about the details of programming.
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Betrayal at Krondor. It's what got me reading Feist. Never did much RPG otherwise except for NWN/NWN2
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I looked and was under-impressed. He didn't mention anything GW2 did not already offer.
          Worse, I've looked at the Elder Scrolls Online video and they too don't really offer much GW2 doesn't already do. Not to mention I love Bethesda's games so much more after the mods start coming out.

So no, Ultima doesn't get my vote.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

More interested in this one.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X