No announcement yet.

How Disney Bought Lucasfilm—and Its Plans for 'Star Wars' and the next movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Disney Bought Lucasfilm—and Its Plans for 'Star Wars' and the next movie

verrrry interesting (and long) read ...

As it turned out, Lucas had already done the cataloging. His company maintained a database called the Holocron, named after a crystal cube powered by the Force. The real-world Holocron lists 17,000 characters in the Star Wars universe inhabiting several thousand planets over a span of more than 20,000 years. It was quite a bit for Disney to process. So Lucas also provided the company with a guide, Pablo Hidalgo. A founding member of the Star Wars Fan Boy Association, Hidalgo is now a “brand communication manager” at Lucasfilm. “The Holocron can be a little overwhelming,” says Hidalgo, who obsesses over canonical matters such as the correct spelling of Wookiee and the definitive list of individuals who met with Yoda while he was hiding in the swamps of Dagobah.
    And Lucas spoils that they plan to have Mark, Carrie and Harrison back in the next movie ...

Asked whether members of the original Star Wars cast will appear in Episode VII and if he called them before the deal closed to keep them informed, Lucas says, “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ” He pauses. “Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” Then he adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...most%20popular
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Working...
X