Overclocking on an Abit BX62.2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking on an Abit BX62.2...

Hey guys, I have an abit bx6r2.2 and wanna get rid of my PII-333 running at 515Mhz for a PIII 550 or something and then overclock stupidly again. So... does anyone here run a 500/550 (or similar) on an Abit BX6r2.2 and how high can they clock it?

Or is it time I got a new board (athlon?)?

Cheers guys!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Check the database www.overclockers.com
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

SteveC
      I was thinking about getting a 750 but looking at the database at overclockers.com
      the 650 looks to be the way to go.Much cheaper and lots of successes at 866 and above.
      Hmmm....I think I just convinced myself to spend some $.
      To answer your question...
      I got my p3550(katmai) to 117 fsb on my
      bx6r2.Very stable. I got it to 124 but
      left my divider at 1/3 and did some damage
      to my hard drive.I think with better cooling(air)it would do 124 easily.I don't know if the board is stable at higher fsb's.

[This message has been edited by surferpop (edited 22 March 2000).]

Comment

I had my p3-450 oc'd to 558 with my bx6r2, but now I've moved on to my Athlon.

Comment

I've got the Abit BX6r2 with a 550E-Slot1 overclocked to 733Mhz, had basically no problems getting to 133FSB. It didn't like to run my memory at Cas2 @133 FSB, I just changed settings to Cas3. Just keep in mind some of your older AGP cards don't like the higher bus speeds.....I've got a G400max and had no problems there.....I very happy with my current setup, shes stable and fast..Just make sure to get the latest BIOS from Abit.

Good Luck

Comment

DOH.....sorry for the double post..my bad

[This message has been edited by Trashman (edited 22 March 2000).]

Comment

I had my BX6R2 at 129Mhz FSB with my old PIII-450 and stock voltage, cooling...

Guyver
              Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
              - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
              - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
              - 6.1 Digital Audio
              - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
              - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
              - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
              - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
              - LS120 IDE Floppy
              - Zip 100 IDE
              - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
              - NEC FE950
              - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Cheers guys. I was just wondering if my old Abit board can keep up with the rest in the 700Mhz+ arena these days. Looks like it can if I can find the right chip - the Slot1 550E looks like the way to go.

Anyone know how to tell the difference between a Slot1 550 and Slot1 550E? The slot1's are 'open' one side now, aren't they? So, on the E version, I won't be able to see the external cache?

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 22 March 2000).]

Comment

Yes, the two external cache chips are missing on the 550E. Also, the required voltage stated on the plastic case of the 550 is 2.00 V and the 550E has the voltage on the outer case as 1.65 V.

Comment

Working...
                  X