New pope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pope

Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday that he would resign Feb. 28 — the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years. The decision sets the stage for a conclave to elect a new pope before the end of March.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-resigning...111658944.html
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

No doubt health related, and the first Pope to resign in hindreds of years. Better this than the isual alternative of an unplanned transition, and speculation has already started his replacement could be from the Americas or Africa.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

First Trixie, now Pope. Who is next - Elizabeth?

Comment

Trixie, the Dutch Queen? You know about that? Funny. Of course, Dutch sovereigns did not die in their beds for some time now.

The pope, one old out-of-touch geezer to be replaced by the other. I'm sure the new one will find ways to aggrevate me as well. It may well be an Italian or Spanjard as we've now had a Polish and German Pope. Latin America might be a nice compromise (as long as not native-American) of course. I would not mind a Latin-American of African Pope. Bound to be even more conservative.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X