Dragon attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon attack

Their venom is the least of their victims problems - a witches brew of bacteria colonies infest the mouth of Dragons, so toxic a brew that minor wounds can cause sepsis and death.

Two men are injured in an attack by a komodo dragon in a wildlife park in eastern Indonesia, park officials say.

Two hurt in attack by Komodo Dragon in Indonesia

Komodo dragons normally feed on large mammals, smaller reptiles and birds

Two men have been injured in an attack by a komodo dragon in a wildlife park in eastern Indonesia, park officials say.

The 2m (7ft) long lizard attacked a park ranger in his office, then turned on another employee who tried to come to his aid.

Both suffered serious leg wounds and were being monitored in hospital.

Komodo dragons are the world's largest lizards, growing up to 3m long, with razor-sharp teeth and a poisonous bite.

The dragons' jaws contain highly poisonous glands that can cause paralysis.

The reptiles are unique to a small group of islands in eastern Indonesia.

They live on a diet of mainly large mammals, smaller reptiles and birds, but have been known to attack humans.

The animals are endangered in the wild and protected by international law - fewer than 4,000 are believed to be alive.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Their standard technique for hunting is to bite an animal once and then follow it (slowly) and then wait for it die a day or to later from infection... As I recall a bite is almost guarenteed to result in death without antibiotics.

However I think the local villagers tend to live quite happily quite close by, though they do treat them with quite a bit of repect/caution. Its a very interesting island they inhabit.

Comment

Fespect, caution, and perhaps a healthy dose of paranoia too?
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

And here I thought you meant attacks by these guys...

Last edited by Elie; 8 February 2013, 21:03.

Comment

Australia is full of Dragons, but I don't theink they don't do many hitpoints of damage.

Comment

Working...
          X