asus P3b-f and beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus P3b-f and beeping

I've got a system here with aN Asus P3B-F and every once in a while there is a long (3-4 secs.) beep and the power light blinks, it doesn't seem to effect anything though, is this a heat warning or something? it's while you're in windows and not necessarily when you do anything
    jim

also, it won't reboot without powering completely off

[This message has been edited by DuRaNgO[MU] (edited 13 March 2000).]
    PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

anyone?
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

Comment

Heat warning, it wants you to shut down your system. If you have the ASUS software installed I think it does.

This is a common thing for some overclockers using the P3B-F. Next time you get that warning, shut down the system, open the case and check the ambiant case tempature, temp on the CPU heatsink and motherbaord chip heatsink. If it's all cool (i.e. cool enough to touch without burning you) then boot up and go into the BIOS.

Go to Power -> Hardware Monitor and Disable, CPU Temperature. This will stop the annoying beepy thingy.

Jammrock

------------------
      Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Don't know, Jim ...

Maybe your PS needs an update ?

I presume you have the latest bios installed ?
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Nope, its a heat warning. Had it all the time with my overclocked PIII/P3B-F rig. I would overclock to a 120 MHz bus and the CPU temp would skyrocket and the PC speaker would start yelling at me. Disabling CPU temp checkig fixes it.

Jammrock

Comment

They still haven't fixed that damn temperature problem they have always had?
            PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Apparently not.

Comment

That's one of the main reasons i'm switching to a Soyo board, I hate not being able to trust the temperature readings of my system cause I am overclocking my processor. My mainboard says the processor is close to max threshhold but to actually touch it, It's slightly warm to the touch and that sandra program shows a 30 degree difference in temperature. Not good in my opinion.
                PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Yes, it is a P-3 450 o/c'd to 558(124fsb) so it could very well be heat, Thanks mucho, I'll check it out
                  jim
                  128mb pc-100 cas 2
                  SB Live!
                  Winblows 98se & DX7
                  and 384k DSL!

Comment

I must disagree with you on heat....I have just finished 2 new systems with p3b-f boards and without any overclocking or tweaking, they both flashed/blinked uncontrolledly. Only cure is to hold the power button 5-10 seconds to stop the flashing, then hit the PS switch off. I tried for a week straight to figure a way around it but never did......any other ideas? anyone?

-Dil
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Can't you disable it in the BIOS somehow, Dil? Or otherwise disconnect the temp sensor just to be sure it's not heat (somehow)?

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

well after disabling the alarm in bios, the beeping has..............stopped!
                        thanks guys
                        jim
                        128mb pc-100 cas 2
                        SB Live!
                        Winblows 98se & DX7
                        and 384k DSL!

Comment

Welcome

Jammrock

Comment

I have 6 P3B-F boards here at work. All of them report the cpu temp wrong. I had to disable to the alarm in the bios in all the boards.

xippo

Comment

While we're on the subject of P3B-F BIOS warnings, does anyone know how to change the default warning values? I have a case fan that varies speed based on temperature, so when it's rotating at about 1800 rpm at rt at start-up, the fan failure alarm won't let me boot.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Working...
                              X