Thermal Paste Vs Grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Paste Vs Grease

Anyone know which works better for keeping CPU temps down?

I was guessing greese because it is thinner, and gets less buildup,
    but I am not sure.

Paste and grease are basically the same thing. I think grease is actually an incorrect description of the crap

Paste has a great advantage over thermal tape and most pads. However, if thermal tape is more convenient, use it.

I have a Tennmax BGA Cooler on my G400 attached with pins and using thermal paste. Cools great.

I also have a Tennmax P3TF cooler on my P3 attached with the same thermal paste.

Check out www.2cooltek.com for good stuff.

------------------
    ABIT BF6, Pentium III SL35D 450MHz -> 630MHz, 192MB PC100 SDRAM @ 140MHz, Toshiba 6X DVD,
    Matrox Millenium G400 DH @ 160/200, Creative SBLive Value, 3Com Fast Etherlink XL PCI
    Supermicro SC701A ATX 300watt TurboCool PC Power & Cooling PS, Panasonic Panasync S17
    Last edited by dneal; 20 May 2022, 09:01.

Comment

Those things should have a rating on the package stating how much heat can they transfer. I would prefer the thermal paste (sold under different names like heatsink paste and such), cause it's widely used when building custom electronic devices with heatsinks. Thermal tapes and pads are easy to use, but in terms of efficiency, the termal paste is the winner.
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Instead of tape, you could use what Matrox uses.
        Locktite themal glue.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
        X