Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 season is over...

But what a race that last one was...

Even though I'm not an Alonso fan, I feel sorry for him: he drove the best he could have possibly done, and lost out with just 3 points. Without Gosjean landing on his car in Belgium, it may have looked quite different... Also a shame Hamilton could not put up more of a challenge (mainly through no fault of is own). Massa was doing great in the last races, outperforming Alonso on a number of occasions (but only having to yield later).

I wonder who Lotus will take as driver besides Raikonnen

Next season, it will be interesting to see:
    - Perez in the McLaren
    - Button as main driver in the McLaren
    - Hamilton with Mercedes (personally not expecting too much)
    - what if Rosberg outperforms Hamilton
    - Raikonnen might do better (only driver to finish ALL races this year)
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Oh, and hopefully we'll see more of Raikonnen's quotes...
    engineer: "OK Kimi, behind you is ... I'll keep you updated on the race"
    Kimi: "Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing". (he then made T-shirts with this)

engineer: "Keep the temperature in the tires"
    Kimi: "yes yes yes yes yes I'm doing it. You don't have to remind me every second."
    pixar

Comment

I have to say I have really enjoyed this season. Not being able to see it in its entirety on BBC was an annoyance but generally not too much of an issue. I was particularly surprised that they didn't have full coverage of Austin, which looks like a good venue.

It was great to have the season go right down to the final race, and most of the way through that too. I did think it was all over when Seb was reversing his car down the hill, and then of couse the weather played in to RBs hands, minimising the effects of the reduced down force and the lower temperatures preventing the exhaust from catching fire.

I loved Raikonnen's sight-seeing trip, and of course his radio chatter. Nice to see he does actually have a personality. I will be amazed if Grosjean is partnering him next year. The man is a complete liability. If only we was half as intelligent as he is naturally fast.

Great to see Massa regaining his old form, and if he can do that for the entire season next year who knows.

I too felt for Alonso. I cheered him on for his Renault wins and was hoping he would beat RB this year. My problems with Ferrari were always Schuey.

I would expect McLaren to fade a little next year, and I won't be expecting too much from Mercedes for a while. My tip: Alonso or Raikonnen.
      FT.

Comment

So I wonder what our American cousins thought of the return of F1 to US soil?
        FT.

Comment

Well, at least it was a race in Austin... not this parade of cars because one tire manufacturer screwed up...
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X