Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with purchase in US needed

Hi, i would need help purchasing display for my T60p

I found it on ebay but the seller doesn't ship to Slovenia, so I would like someone to purchase it for me and ship it to me.

The process would look like this:
    - I give you URL to item on ebay and paypal you price of item + 8 USD for US shipping + 50 USD for international shipping (this much shipping to Germany costs in ebay shop
    - you buy item, ship to yourself in US with standard shipping
    - open, check that it looks OK, remove any pricing information (so I don't pay customs) and ship it to me with some standard method
    - if you need more money to ship to me I'll paypal more. If it costs less, you keep difference.

Display is located in Texas but I don't think this affects shipping costs.

Can one of my fellow US MURCers help?
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 18 November 2012, 10:32.

Just not Slovenia or not to Europe at all?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

They ship to following:

Australia
      Austria
      Belgium
      Bermuda
      Czech Republic
      Denmark
      Finland
      France
      Germany
      Greenland
      Guam
      Hungary
      Israel
      Japan
      Korea, South
      Netherlands
      New Zealand
      Norway
      Poland
      Puerto Rko
      Saint Pierre and Miquelon
      Singapore
      Sweden
      Switzerland
      Taiwan
      Turkey
      United Kingdom
      United States
      Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Comment

OK, I don't do paypal but as Solvenia is part of the EU, methinks you can make IBAN bank transfer at no cost, correct? If so, I'm willing to play the middle man.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

OK, I'll send you PM.

Comment

Have you thought of http://support.lenovo.com/de_DE/prod...cID=MIGR-62784

They can probably ship it to you faster from Germany without 50 bucks to pay for extra postage, and you would have a functional guarantee.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Still it would cost 2x the price. Otherwise I don't need Lenovo Germany I go straight to IBM Slovenia.

Comment

Found another seller which ships, so I ordered myself.

Otherwise the LCD screen costs ~100 EUR + shipping, working laptop is worth 250-ish and IBM would charge 530 EUR + VAT for original service part. Not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                X