The deer crossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The deer crossing

Meet Donna, who has some problems. In the last few years, she's had several deer-related car crashes. With frustration reaching a tipping point, she called the Fargo, N.D. radio station Y94 to complain about deer-crossing signs. She asks why people place the signs in high-traffic areas. Shouldn't we be encouraging deer to cross the road in low-traffic areas rather than on highways? The radio hosts tried to explain the actual purpose of the signs, but Donna could not get it. She said, “The government can guide deer to lower traffic areas.”

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Oh, deer! She must be stag-gering between them. Doe!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

She must have had a great good laugh. It's a masterpiece of a prank call. Could not be otherwise, right?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I take ot you've never been there, 'eh?

Hint: the film 'Fargo' wasn't too far off.

This one presents less of a problem -

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 October 2012, 09:44.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Roflmao!!!

Donna's return: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=JB1yEcdomt0#!
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Why did the deer cross the road?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
            X