Fu*ck Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fu*ck Apple

There can't possibly be a worse piece of crap software in the world than ITunes.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

RealPlayer?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Do you need it? I have 2 iPod Shuffles (old and new) and I use Foobar2000 to manage music on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
        RealPlayer?
        RealPlayer would be a good choice except that it doesn't have the power to wreak as much havoc on your stuff as iTunes.
        It's latest trick was to wipe without warning all playlists and ripped music from my daughter's iPod and library during a synch.
        It was as if Apple was saying: "You can't have it on our device if we didn't make money off of it."
        Now I have to rip all those CDs again and recreate the playlists.
        And then fear plugging it in again.

PS I'll look into Foobar2000
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Foobar 2000 is notepad style player without any skins or adds and just tabbed playlists. Can also play online radio.

I think you may need one plugin for ipod management (just download and unzip in Foobar folder). There is also plugin for .ape files.

Otherwise also Winamp can manage ipods and also Linux media players. Winamp does have adds though.

I have iPod since 2008 and I never installed iTunes on any of my systems. Lately I don't even install Quicktime.

You just select songs and click send to iPod. I don't know about playlists on iPods since I have shuffles and I just play what's there continuously. I have different styles of music on iPods (one is used for jogging only since battery is weak now). If I send entire playlist to shuffle, it just appends it. I'd have to probably recreate entire playlist to change it, though I didn't research it too much.

Ripping CD-s - it happened I downloaded CD that was in known drawer 3m away from me from internet since I was too lazy to get up and find it.
          Last edited by UtwigMU; 12 October 2012, 15:00.

Comment

iTunes in Windows is quite a heavy program, with all sort of different services running all ovr the system. On OS X it's great but on Windows.... let's just say I have acquired a PowerMac G4 just for iTunes, thankfully the system wa given to me, and it's almost always off, unless my little guy presses the power button.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Hey man. Good to see you!

I don't mind how heavy it is, my PC can handle it.
              The problem is the UI. It is just not at all intuitive. It makes no sense. It stinks.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
                iTunes in Windows is quite a heavy program, with all sort of different services running all ovr the system. On OS X it's great but on Windows.... let's just say I have acquired a PowerMac G4 just for iTunes, thankfully the system wa given to me, and it's almost always off, unless my little guy presses the power button.
                Hey Zokes, where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                  Hey Zokes, where have you been?
                  I went mainly on MURC at work but ever since the upped their security and started cracking down on those doing all sorts of stuff on the net, including posting on forums, I decided to drop off. At home I don't really have much free time and with the house and the little guy, I've got my hands full.

I figured I'd come back every now and then.

Also, check your Rosetta thread, I added my file server to your team.

Comment

Yeah Utwig, it's _your_ team,. why don;t you pitch in as well
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I have to agree with Cjolley on this one, iTunes has to be the worst software ever next to real player.

Apple apparently is working on a new version on iTunes designed from the ground up, so i hope this new version which is to be released end of October causes less headaches.

Welcome back Zokes!!!

Comment

iTunes on windows will never be good, IMO

Comment

You guys are aware that US subs started using Apple Xservers in their sonar systems ~2004, right?

Apple Maps
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                            You guys are aware that US subs started using Apple Xservers in their sonar systems ~2004, right?

Apple Maps
                            If those things run iTunes, God help us.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                              Welcome back Zokes!!!
                              Thanks, it's good to see the old gang still lurcing around.

Comment

Working...
                              X