New Tolkien work to be released next may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tolkien work to be released next may

There is now confirmation from British publishers Harper Collins that Tolkien’s long poem, The Fall of Arthur, will indeed be released next Spring. The text has of course been edited by the Professor’s son Christopher, and the publication will also included ‘three illuminating essays that explore the literary world of King Arthur, reveal the deeper meaning of the verses and the painstaking work that his father applied to bring it to a finished form, and the intriguing links between The Fall of Arthur and his greatest creation, Middle-earth.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012...ased-next-may/
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Unlike certain other books written by sons of a famous author *coughFrankHerbertcough* the few books Christopher Tolkien has released have been well written and entertaining. Looking forward to this one. Gong to start The Hobbit with my oldest soon.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

We'll see how Erik, a major league fan of the old mans books & later movies, reacts. That'll be a huge (read monster) test.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X