Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE chanel question.

I have 2 HDD's,1 DVD and a CDRW.
    Both HDD's is UDMA/66 but is in UDMA/33 mode since i dont have a UDMA/66 MB.
    The DVD is UDMA/33 and the CDRW is PIO4.

I know that the master and slave canot transfer data at the same time.

BUT if I use on of the HDD's as master and the CD-RW as slave on one channel and the cdrw is empty will it cause "interupts" if i use some disk intensive program like a vidcap or a benchmark?
    (Had a crasy mitsumi cdrom wich did this)

Im not asking you to know how my system behaves, i just want your opinion and knowledge on similar configurations!

A BIG thank you to all who replies!

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    128 MB RAM CAS2
    19GB HDD Space! (6.4+13 quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Are you using both HD all the time or is one mainly for backup files and mp3s? If that's the case I'd put your primary HD as Master on the primary channel with your DVD as slave. On the secondary channel I'd put the HD as master and the CDRW as slave. That way you should be able to burn from your primary drive to your CDRW with limited hassle.
    That's how I set up a friends, seems to work fine for him but your milage may vary.

------------------
    ASUS P2B,Celeron 366@550, 2.26v with Golden Orb, 128mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 10GB, 4.3GB Fujistu, Creative 24x, Creative X-Gamer, NIC (DSL baby!), ISA Modem

Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

The Master (C has my OS and Apps and games.
      The slave(D is used for capturing video.
      (i also have aprox 1-2 GB of backup and other crusial data on it, but as the drive is a 30 GB and i defrag it daily i dont think it afects performance.)
      The CD-RW is almost always empy when im not burning (i'm not into spontaneous combustion
      Thanks again.

------------------
      INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
      G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
      SBlive
      192 MB RAM CAS2
      43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
      Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
      SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
      X