Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet

I was standing in front of the mirror. Oh misery. A little over 2 months ago, I decided it was time to put a stop to my weight gain. Afte...
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

I had a flatmate who was a bit plump to put it mildly and once she moved in we had to activate additional kitchen cabinets so that she could store jars and jars of organic grains.

Quinoia was one of her favourite foods (I thought dammit why can't you eat something that grows in Slovenia). I was super fit in that time (jogging, training) and when I went home from work I sometimes grabbed prosciutto (smoke dried pork - not kosher or healthy but tastes super good) and mayonnaise.

And always the organic flatmate would tell me - I ate some of your mayo and prosciutto.

My brother lost a lot of weight couple of years ago and his diet based on eating less proteins but not eating stuff he didn't like. He even made occasional exceptions for some ice cream or beer.

Comment

We have fake (Beef) prosciutto here, not as good as the real thing but still extremely yumm.
      My wife traded Quinoa for buckwheat, it tastes ok.

Comment

Almost a year ago, I made a decision to stop feeding dollar bills into the junk food and pop machines at work. I was pushing 240 lbs. at the time.
        Last week I went to the doc, and when they wieghed me, I cheered out loud.
        197.5 lbs!
        Under 200 for the first time in 20 years

Plus, $3-$5/day not given to the vending machines....about a thousand bux there, which I have instead thrown into an old hobby I have taken back up
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
          Last week I went to the doc, and when they wieghed me, I cheered out loud.
          197.5 lbs!
          Under 200 for the first time in 20 years
          Hey brother, I just pulled off the same trick two months ago.
          Congratulations!

PS, Except I'm older than you so it was more like 30 years ago with about the same max.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

My recipe: I was 107 kg. I had to go into Nicosia General Hospital for a bit over 2 weeks. The food there was so goddam awful, I just couldn't eat most of it. I had some tasteless, watery, soup with a slice of dry factory pseudo bread (I added some herbs and spices to make it less awful) for lunch and supper and a glass of milk. On odd occasions, I was given a couple of lettuce leaves, a piece of fruit or a red jelly of indeterminate flavour. When I got dressed to leave, my pants fell down to my ankles; I had to take my belt in 12 cm! I was 81 kg, 26 loss in about 18 days. This was three years ago. I haven't bothered about weight since except to monitor the effect of diuretics. This morning, I'm moderately "dry" and weighed in at 91,2 kg but will drop to under 90.5 when today's Lasix takes effect.

It was a drastic diet and unbalanced, but it certainly was effective and I'm glad I haven't rebounded more than about 10 kg.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Been going to the gym again since 2 weeks. Goal is to gain weight. I'm 1.75m and 63kg.

Drinking beer does help a bit but not enough and in the wrong place.

Like to gain 4-5 kg.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Has anyone tried 5/2 fasting?

Dr Michael Moseley explored it in his programme for BBC's Horizon thread. Fasting has many potential health benefits, including restoring cognitive function. There are many successful studys in mice etc but not too many in humans yet.

He settled on a 5/2 regime and kept it up for at least five weeks. He ate normally most days and fasted (600 calories of healthy stuff) on Tuesdays and Thursdays). After 5 weeks he had lost almost a stone and the blood tests (glucose, cholesterol and IGF) were much improved.

Fasting can not only reduce weight but also has the potential, if properly controlled, for wider health benefits,
                FT.

Comment

3 days seafood, 3 days fowl and 1 day beef. Whole wheat or multigrain breads, pasta etc. and LOTS of veggies, esp. squashes, tomatoes, peppers, beans and green salads.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I have a problem, not specifically of weight but more of profile. 2 compressive vertebrae fractures, a partial dislocation and an intervertebral hernia have caused me to lose a good 7 cm in height. The distance between the bottom of my rib cage and the top of my pelvis is now only 4 cm. This has caused my gut to bulge outwards, pushing the fat in front of it. Talk about love handles!
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

So here I am, another 20 more days into the Jillian Michaels workout. I now have moved on into the Ripped in 30 program , which i...

Comment

Working...
                      X