Director Tony Scott dead @68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Director Tony Scott dead @68

Top Gun, Enemy of the State, Crimson Tide, Unstoppable, Deja Vu, Days of Thunder, The Hunger, Numb3rs (TV), and he co-produced a lot of other projects with brother Ridley Scott. He had a sh*tload of irons in the fire.

Los Angeles Times blogs that were published between 2006 and 2013.

"Top Gun" director Tony Scott fatally jumped off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro on Sunday afternoon, according to Los Angeles police sources.

His body was pulled out of the water by Los Angeles Police Department, California Highway Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard officials.

[For the record, 9:48 p.m. Aug. 19: An earlier version of this post incorrectly said a suicide note was found in Scott's car, which was parked on the bridge. In fact, the note found in his car listed contact information. Investigators later found a suicide note at his office.]

Law enforcement sources said several witnesses saw Scott, the brother of director Ridley Scott, climb over a fence on the bridge and jump off.

The coroner's office identified him Sunday evening.

Scott was a respected action-movie director who also made "Enemy of the State," "Beverly Hills Cop II" and "Crimson Tide."
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 August 2012, 22:15.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Expanded CNN story. There was a suicide note. Makes one wonderif he recently got a bad medical diagnosis.

Tony Scott left notes in his car and office before plunging to his death from the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro, California.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Tonites news reported he had brain cancer..
      paulw

Comment

Working...
      X