Gigabyte GA-7IX users, avoid 7ix.f2 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-7IX users, avoid 7ix.f2 bios

The rumors that it decreases performance is true, at least with my G400/Athlon 600:
    3dmark99:
    f1: 5980
    f2: ~4400
    Quake2/tgl
    f1: 128 fps
    f2: ~90 fps

That was the first time I saw a bios "upgrade" to decrease performance by that much.

I assume that the bios settings were the same in each case?
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Yes they were. When flashing the bios the settings remain the same. But I checked it anyway. And when reflashed F1 bios, the settings remained the same, but the performance was back to normal.

Now this sucks. The suport for the GA-7IX from gigabyte has been less than satisfactory. Few bios updates, and buggy bios updates. F2 doesn´t offer much things to me, but it is necessary to run 750+ Mhz Athlons, because F1 bios doesn´t recognize 2/3 cache divider.

Comment

Did you e-mail Gigabyte?
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Maybe I will, but I think they already might know it, it was reported in www.amdzone.com
          Besides that, I don´t have a good experience with their technical suport. Their last bios recognized my G400 as a GA-MGA400 with all kinds of trouble, I e-mailed them and never got a response. Abit technical suport was much better. At least they replied.

Comment

Now that´s a cheap one. Look at this fantastic bios hack, courtesy of Gigabyte, in order to support Athlon 2/5 cache divider:
            Neat, eh?

No wonder performance took a dive.

Comment

Not sure if you've seen it yet, but Gigabyte released a new BIOS that addresses this problem.

http://www.amdzone.com/files/7ix_f3a.zip

Pete

Comment

Yo, thanks. I´ve seen it. Just tried it and it´s ok now.

Comment

Working...
                X