Printed gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printed gun

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Step two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20R9nItDmPY

Comment

Only a matter of time before any notion of 'gun control' goes out the window - there are already all the CAD files for M-16 and several other rifles online.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My bet is that 3D metal printing will be heavily regulated if/when it is available to the common person or business. Governments will likely also force the makers to include microcodes embedded on every piece printed, like normal printers, and register the serial numbers with government agencies.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
          My bet is that 3D metal printing will be heavily regulated if/when it is available to the common person or business. Governments will likely also force the makers to include microcodes embedded on every piece printed, like normal printers, and register the serial numbers with government agencies.

Is anything like that done with CNC machines?
          Why would 3D metal printing be any different?

After all, you can make any kind of gun you want right now.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

There are already plans online for building everything from a zip gun to a submachine gun using nothing more than hardware store items and high school metal shop skills. Bulllets can be cast from tire weights, car battery electrode plates etc., and there are kitchen mixable substitutes for gunpowder.

Enough for now, it's a damned deep rabbit hole.
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 July 2012, 21:42.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Wait until people start printing LP records with them then the sh.t will hit the fan. The RIAA will want them banned.
              paulw

Comment

The RIAA will want the people banned

Comment

The RIAA will want unlimited access to the world's bnk accounts to suck dry any account from any person they even slightly kind of think might ponder looking at a download link to a song that may or not be illegitimate acquisition of RIAA property, whether they actually own said rights or not. What they want to do to people who click the link is illegal in all first and second world nations.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                  X