No announcement yet.

G400 "Another app. is preventing DVD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 "Another app. is preventing DVD...

When I try to start the "Matrox DVD Player" I get the following message:
    "Another application is preventing DVD Playback"
    I am using a Pioneer SCSI 6X DVD on a Diamond Fireport UW SCSI controller. The video card is a Matrox G400 Dual Head (not the MAX) with 32M. I'm using an Aureal Vortex 2 SuperQuad, if that's significant. Before installing and trying the Matrox player, I was able to play a DVD using PowerDVD (or was it WinDVD?). When I got the above message when using the Matrox player, I uninstalled all DVD players and re-installed the Matrox player, to no avail. (I figure the Matrox player will use the G400 hardware to better advantage.)

Please also email response to jpetzinger@de.ittind.com

TIA, JohnP

Hi JohnP,

I only get that error when my DVD player had crashed before and I have to rebbot to get it running again.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Sometimes, but not often, if you have Windows Exploder open and accessing the DVD it will give you the error. Reboot the machine, and try again. If that doesn't work hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and start End Tasking programs to see if it helps, but don't touch Explorer.

Jammrock

------------------
      Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Could also be that another application outside the DVD-players is now set as standard for your DVDs.

What you could try is opening the directory of the DVD, take the main file, rightclick it while holding SHIFT and choose open with, pointing to the Matrox DVD player.

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

None of your suggestions worked. I tried disabling all startup programs using msconfig as well as killing all tasks.

Is this a SCSI problem? Do I need a later version of Matrox DVD Player than what was on the CD? (Mine is 1.5.0.1113 [from properties])

What about deleting Direct X Media Runtime 5.1? -- I think I downloaded and installed that because it includes a Microsoft DVD player.

Comment

I had that problem after I installed my Hollywood + card. I use the G400 Max. I had to mess with my IRQ's in my bios so that Win2k or Win98 doesn't mess with it.
            Abit BP6 Dual Celeron 366@550
            256MB PC-100 RAM
            G400 32mb MAX DH Mode
            Voodoo2 with hacked win2k drivers
            Hollwood + dvd decoder
            20.5 GB IBM HD Win2K Pro Swap Drive
            9.1 GB IBM Hd Win2K Adv. Server Swap Drive
            10.0 GB IBM HD Win98SE Swap Drive
            20.5 GB IBM Internal Seconday Drive for file storage.
            Toshiba SR-8485 6X DVD-Rom
            HP 7200i CD-RW
            SBLive! Platinum.
            Netgear 310TX 10/100
            Ethernet card
            Cable Modem connection. (I hated the DSL 384k dl. I hit 350k average day when everone is on, and 625 at night EVERY day with cable modem! Slowest I've gotten on very busy time is 160K.)

Comment

I had that message when I tried to play a DVD without a sound card installed!

Try uninstalling and re-installing your sound card drivers.

Comment

Working...
              X