Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises: early review (Time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises: early review (Time)

DO NOT read the review if you care about deducing things into spoilers.

TomatoMeter: 91% (35)

Make way, puny Avengers, for the grand tale of a superhero in emotional crisis, as Gotham City faces economic collapse and a reign of terror. Can Batman even come to his own rescue?

TIME's Review of The Dark Knight Rises: To the Depths, To the Heights

Make way, puny Avengers, for the grand tale of a superhero in emotional crisis, as Gotham City faces economic collapse and a reign of terror. Can Batman even come to his own rescue?

>
    The Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan’s mesmerizing climax to his trilogy reboot of the DC Comics character, is a show, all right. But not in the way of the standard summer action fantasy. Although his movie contains elaborate fights, stunts, chases and war toys, and though the director dresses half his characters in outfits suitable for a Comic-Con revel, Nolan is a dead-serious artist with a world view many shades darker than the knight of the title. The Avengers is kid stuff compared with this meditation on mortal loss and heroic frailty. For once a melodrama with pulp origins convinces viewers that it can be the modern equivalent to Greek myths or a Jonathan Swift satire. TDKR is that big, that bitter — a film of grand ambitions and epic achievement. The most eagerly anticipated movie of summer 2012 was worth waiting for.
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 July 2012, 21:29.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Already got my Tickets for Friday night!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'm Batman!
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Watched this in Dutch cinema and was slightly disappointed - great concept and actors ruined by Holywood.

When we went back after the break during movie some Dutch woman turned to me and started saying something. At the end of movie she explained in English that she said she hopes I won't start shooting at them.

Comment

Working...
        X