Godzilla (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godzilla (2014)

The footage pans across a city that has been utterly destroyed. We hear a voice over a radio talking about the end of the world. It looks like another giant creature's body is in the wreckage. We hear the classic Godzilla scream. From the smoke, we see something enormous. We're following a camera up Godzilla's back, showing his scales. We see his face, but it's almost a silhouette. It looks a LOT like the classic Godzilla design but with a slightly fatter face.

The narration is from Robert Oppenheimer. "We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed. Few people cried. Most were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture. The Bhagavad-Gita... takes on his multi-armed form"

(This is were we see the other, dead creature)

"And says, 'I am become death. Destroyer of worlds." That's where we see Godzilla's face and the logo.

That's the narration in the trailer. It's a Robert Oppenheimer quote about the atomic bomb.
    Godzilla (201x)

Studio: Warner / Legendary

Date: ????

Director: Gareth Edwards (Monsters)

Producer(s): ??

Writer(s): ??

Synopsis: ??

Cast -
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 July 2012, 23:29.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I have a Uromastyx lizzard like this dude...

What level of radiation should I expose him to, to turn him into a Godzilla like creature?

I've always liked the Japanese Godzilla films, been watching them since I was a kid. But when Hollywood stepped in and created the last Godzilla movie, I said, they ruined it completely.

Hopefully they can go back to the original as you indicated and have him battle other creatures and so on.

Oh and another monster equally famous in Japan was or still is Gamera, what ever happened to him?
    Last edited by Elie; 16 July 2012, 14:57.

Comment

Millennium series

Gamera the Brave returns Gamera to his Showa roots, but with a modern twist. In the film, Gamera is first seen defending Japan back in the 1970s from the Gyaos, but sacrifices himself to destroy them by self-destructing. In the present, the child of a man who witnessed that battle finds a turtle egg that hatches into a baby Gamera that he names Toto. When a giant lizard monster named Zedus appears, Toto tries to fight the beast, but ends up being gravely wounded and taken by the military for study. He ends up escaping and growing to a larger size to try and fight Zedus again, this time succeeding against the monster.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Cool thanks, I saw Gamera 2: Attack of Legion (1996) and Gamera 3: Awakening of Irys (1999) (have the DVD's) didn't realize Gamera the Brave was also released.

Cheers Doc!

Comment

Working...
        X