X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, No, just HELL NO!!!!

http://www.hollywood...aby-jane-348082

Walter Hill to Remake 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?'

The writer-director is partnering with the Aldrich Co. to create a new version of the 1962 film, famous for the performances turned in by Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.

One of cinema's great dysfunctional sister acts, Jane and Blanche Hudson, are returning to the silver screen.

Walter Hill is planning to write and direct a remake of 1962’s What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, which was directed by Robert Aldrich and famously starred rival acting legends Bette Davis, as the former child star Baby Jane Hudson, and Joan Crawford as her crippled sister Blanche.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Wait. This could work if they cast the Olsen twins.

Comment

Not sure I know this movie/

Why would a remake be so bad in this case (as opposed to many others)?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Because it's considered a classic, with two eat the scenery performances by the leads. Bette Davis as Jane is listed as one of the top 50 villains by the American Film Institute. Most lists give it ****
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 July 2012, 01:52.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X