K7 PRO owners... Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K7 PRO owners... Quick Question

I got my system up and running, but now, every once in a while, that stupid (well, I thought it was cool until it started doing this) program that came with the board (to monitor temps) pops up and tells me my cpu is like 105 degrees C. This is a problem with the program, right? I have an Alpha P7125 on my 700 .18 Athlon, an air intake fan, 2 outblowing fans (whats the word for that?), and another internal fan in there somewhere along with two grates on each side of my case. I was kicked out of a UT game when this happened the first time and I touched my processor - it's cool.... I think this program is smokin crack (or is it me)!?!

Thanks,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

How's the connection between the CPU and the Alpha? Greased lightly, and very tight?

The best heatsink in the world can't help you if it isn't getting good contact.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The connection is fine. The chip is not even warm, all the fans are working properly, the right amount of thermal paste is there.... I'm pretty sure the program is smokin crack....

Dimitri
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Yes it is the software. Mine does it (well it did before I uninstalled the program ). I also know a few other people with MS-6195 boards - all have this problem.

Comment

Excellent. I'm glad the computers' smokin crack and not me.... Do you know of another program that can be used RoGuE? I'm rock stable at approx. 750 now, but don't want to try more cause I don't know the temp. I'm impressed with my generic pc100 RAM from FRY'S ....

Dimitri

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 13 March 2000).]
          --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Dimitri

Do a search for Motherboard Monitor - the one recomended by the CpuIdle people. It's pretty cool.
            BTW did you have any luck using the other features of the MSI prog such as FSB programming and CPU cooling?

Cheers, Tony.

------------------
            K7Pro(110), Athlon 500(650)@7.5, G400 32 DH, Latest BIOS and drivers, PCI128, 128Mb PC100 CAS-2, Pioneer 103S DVD etc etc.

FT.

Comment

Working...
            X