Heavy metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy metal

That's Sintax, my best friend's band. It's pretty too extreme for me, borderline white noise, but if you like that kind of... music(?) what's your opinion?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Pass. It might be barely tolerable without all the distortion, bat as it's mixed...no. I could not take more than25 seconds of it.

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
    That's Sintax, my best friend's band. It's pretty too extreme for me, borderline white noise, but if you like that kind of... music(?) what's your opinion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNoTNjvTxhU&feature=plcp
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Not my style.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I made it to 42 seconds.

Comment

Proper metal I'd say!

Comment

Not my style at all, but I can listen to this from Stemm all day and never get tired of it...

Comment

Same cookie monster vocals crap death metal band that sounds like every other copycat that has been "in" for the past decade. I'm ready for the next wave of metal, whenever that is.

Just read it's your best friend's band, so I'll be a little more constructive They are obviously good musicians and can play, but this is seriously the same stuff that everyone is putting out. There is no differentiation from any other hardcore/screamo/death or whatever genre they feel they are in metal band. I'm looking forward to groove coming back to metal. Hate/Anger metal with no emotion gets boring after awhile.
              Last edited by Helevitia; 16 June 2012, 22:44.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Sat through it and explored dead, gone, something or somesuch for a minute. Not my cup of tea. I can imagine they could do well within their target audience but bot sure how large that is and how much room there is for this within. Personally, I have an issue with vocalists whose language is simply unidentifiable: If you don;t care whether people listen to your lyrics then don't do lyrics at all (possible just hum along a bit). Is this their version of Sim Shalom?. So thanks, but I'll wait for them to develop into something, well, slightly different.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia View Post
                  Same cookie monster vocals crap death metal band that sounds like every other copycat that has been "in" for the past decade. I'm ready for the next wave of metal, whenever that is.

Just read it's your best friend's band, so I'll be a little more constructive They are obviously good musicians and can play, but this is seriously the same stuff that everyone is putting out. There is no differentiation from any other hardcore/screamo/death or whatever genre they feel they are in metal band. I'm looking forward to groove coming back to metal. Hate/Anger metal with no emotion gets boring after awhile.
                  Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                  Sat through it and explored dead, gone, something or somesuch for a minute. Not my cup of tea. I can imagine they could do well within their target audience but bot sure how large that is and how much room there is for this within. Personally, I have an issue with vocalists whose language is simply unidentifiable: If you don;t care whether people listen to your lyrics then don't do lyrics at all (possible just hum along a bit). Is this their version of Sim Shalom?. So thanks, but I'll wait for them to develop into something, well, slightly different.

Honestly, I hear mostly very tight rhythm and white noise. I tried to listen to their lyrics once and I've heard something about being stuck in an elevator and something about grocery list. I'm certain none of that was in the actual lyrics. When I asked my friend (lead guitar) what they were singing about, he said "hell if I care, I'm there for the music".

The most disturbing part though is that my son Eitan (5.5 years old) calls it 'Zombie music', loves most of it and started taking guitar lessons so he could play that way too...

Comment

Not that I know of such things but as far as I can tell, they are npot bad as musicians so if your kid learns to pla as they do, that might not be bad. Composers however....

Wrt white noise, I still regularly listen to Crass, and they are rather noisy as well.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I was on a construction crew once that listened to nothing but death metal for the whole three weeks of the project. Not, as they say, my cup of tea. I took solice in the fact it wasn't c&w.

Never the less, as with any genre, if I listen to enough of it I'll likely hear one song I like. In the above experience it was Voodoo by Godsmack.

Otherwise, all death metal blows, IMHO.

Comment

Yeah, death to all butt metal.

Comment

Never heard of butt metal before. Maybe it's popular in San Fran
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                          X