3COM USB ethernet card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3COM USB ethernet card.

Does anybody have any experiences, good or bad with this unit? I am about to change mobo's from a P3B-F to a Soyo 6BA+IV and need the extra PCI slot to use with my DAW card and ATA66 controller at the same time. Is it a joke, or will it work with an ADSL connection?
    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

It should work just fine. The USB ethernet adaptor only runs at 10 Mb/s, but since that is more than ADSL's max theoretical speed there should be no troubles. If you jump on to a 100 Mb network you get funny looks, though.

I know that many Cable/DSL providers will install USB ethernet adaptors instead of cards on computers that have USB and Win98SE. And since its 3Com...

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah, I have a 100bit Etherlink card now, but with all the crap I have in my machine plus now the addition of an onboard ATA66 controller one of my cards has to go, and the network card sounds like the perfect candidate to say buh-bye to.
      PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Working...
      X