3 MDP3858SP-W 56K (AZT4015)
    3 MDP3858SP-W 56K (AZT4015)
    3 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    4 Communicatiepoort (COM1)
    5 MPU-401 Compatible
    6 Standaard-diskettestationcontroller
    7 ECP-printerpoort (LPT1)
    8 Systeem-CMOS/Real-timeklok
    9 3Com EtherLink XL TPO 10Mb Ethernet NIC (3C900B-TPO)
    9 Intel(R) 810 Chipset Graphics Driver
    9 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    10 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    11 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    11 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    12 PS/2 compatibele muispoort
    13 Numerieke-gegevensprocessor
    14 Primaire IDE-controller (dubbele fifo)
    14 Intel 82801AB Bus Master IDE-controller
    15 Secundaire IDE-controller (dubbele fifo)
    15 Intel 82801AB Bus Master IDE-controller

Read through the Dutch, and tell me why I have an IRQ holder for PCI steering all alone on IRQ10, but not the hardware there...

Anyone who knows? Matt maybe??

Jorden, not at home.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 10 March 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

I think I already got it... though the list has changed now I have removed the redundant modem from this PC. The NIC is a cable-internet card. The VGA chip is a i820 chip (on board).

The new list? At least it speeded up alot here, but still that strange IRQ holder on 10...

0 Systeemtimer
    1 Standaard- (101/102 toetsen) of Microsoft Natural-toetsenbord
    2 Programmeerbare interruptcontroller
    3 3Com EtherLink XL TPO 10Mb Ethernet NIC (3C900B-TPO)
    3 Intel(R) 810 Chipset Graphics Driver
    3 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    4 Communicatiepoort (COM1)
    5 MPU-401 Compatible
    6 Standaard-diskettestationcontroller
    7 ECP-printerpoort (LPT1)
    8 Systeem-CMOS/Real-timeklok
    9 (Vrij)
    10 Intel 82801AB USB Universele hostcontroller
    10 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    11 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    11 IRQ Holder voor PCI-steering
    12 PS/2 compatibele muispoort
    13 Numerieke-gegevensprocessor
    14 Primaire IDE-controller (dubbele fifo)
    14 Intel 82801AB Bus Master IDE-controller
    15 Secundaire IDE-controller (dubbele fifo)
    15 Intel 82801AB Bus Master IDE-controller

Anyone out there with a clue??

Also, maybe as to where I can find a driver for this grmbl... Fujitsu keyboard. (don't ask me what kind, I don't know!!)

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

OH!! NO!!

IRQ 9 ran out of free beer

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thanks Pauly

do check that other thread on TSB, to know what I'm d/ling with
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Looks like the holder on 10 is for the USB, to me.

Rags

Comment

Only the new list, Matt... The old one didn´t have the USB. And since there´s no apps using USB here, and I can´t disable the thing either (or uninstall the drivers as it seems), how do I disable that one as well?

Btw, there´s still the one holder for botht he i810 video chip and the NIC... how to go about that?

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden, you should be able to disable the USB in BIOS. Not sure on i820 motherboards though. Did you try disabling the USB Root Hub and USB controller under Device manager? You can't delete it, but you can just disable it. Hope that helps...

For the other problems try booting into safe mode and checking to see if there is any redunant or old hardware hanging around fowling things up.

Once again, hope this helps Jorden

------------------
              PIII 450 @ 504
              generic BX motherboard
              G400 MAX : )
              GlobalWin VOS32!
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
              Creative 36x CD-ROM
              96 megs PC100 RAM
              128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
              NetGear 10/100
              Soundblaster 32 AWE
              Diamond SupraExpress 56k
              Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
              1 92mm Sunon Fan
              4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Did you try disabling the USB Root Hub and USB controller under Device manager?
                Yes, I did, but it doesn´t help a bit here... also tried disabling things in the BIOS, you don´t have to guide me through that

Nothing that I have done so far has helped a single bit... but for removing the redundant modem... that speeded things up and got me a free IRQ (9).

The keyboard is fixed as well... was a language question all the time.

Now I just need to disable the USB thingy.
                For you out there who know where to look, it´s a Fujitsu Euroline i820, with PPGA Celeron 433 on it... i810 video chip, and the only card in it is the NIC (PCI slot 1).

Not much to go on huh?

Jorden.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

I figured you had tried, just wanted to make sure you had not forgot something simple... I always forget the easyest little thing...

Comment

Thanks to all who tried helping me so far.

I'm back at home and had to leave that damn fine piece of speedy internet connection (cable modem) where it was

As I told Matt: I tried swapping the NIC to slot 2 and 3. In slot 3 the PC would boot, but Win98se would crash, in slot 2 it would slow the whole PC down. Even though the card needs busmastering and slot 2&3 provide that.

Ah well, all that's done on that PC is surfing, chatting and a little (non heavy) 3d gaming. With the 4 or 8Mb (I never found out) i810 video chip (PCI) on board you won't be playing TR4 anyway

I just put the NIC back in slot 1 and had the speedy d/ls again.

The USB is now disabled. Rebooting the PC wouldn't do it, but shutting it down, waiting a minute and then rebooting did the trick

So thanks guys, for the help.
                    Special thanks to Holly for keeping my mind busy about the keyboard being a 101 or 104 keyboard ... it helped me solve the language problem.

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden,
                      If you are still looking for possible causes for this problem, here is something to consider. The last time I saw this was when I moved a sound card from one slot to another without first deleting it in Windows. This caused the card to be redetected and moved to new IRQ's, but it left behind the IRQ holder for PCI steering on one of the old IRQ's it no longer used.

This might have happened with the old modem, which led to the double entry AND the left over IRQ holder. You might have to put the modem back in and see if you can get it on IRQ 10, then delete it in device manager.

RAB
                      AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Thanks RAB, next time I'll be going that way, I'll try it. Not that I worry too much about it, since it worked okay. But you did get me thinking that possibly the NIC crashed in slot 2&3 due to that remnant IRQ holder on IRQ10.

To be honest, I didn't check that

Jorden.
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                        X