Need a new religion? Try the Church of Kopimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new religion? Try the Church of Kopimism

no joke, that's an official religion in Sweden ....

The Church of Kopimism does not make claims regarding gods or supernatural forces. Life as we know it originated with the DNA molecule’s ability to duplicate itself, irrespective of the original creation of the Universe. The process is the most basic element of life, nature, and the DNA is really just an information carrier, a result of molecular segments that determine who we become. Reproduction is the very condition for cell division and life in the form we know it.

Copying is fundamental to life and runs constantly all around us. Shared information provides new perspectives and generate new life. We feel a spiritual connection to the created file.
    The value System
    Kopimism is based on a few basic axioms, which in turn can be traced back back to our strong defense of the intrinsic value of information, We ascribe this value to all information irrespective of its content. Since information and its intrinsic value are so sacred, we Kopimists recognize the following axioms:
    - Copying of information is ethically right.
    - Dissemination of information is ethically right.
    - Copymixing is a sacred kind of copying, moreso than the perfect, digital copying, because it expands and enhances the existing wealth of information
    - Copying or remixing information communicated by another person is seen as an act of respect and a strong expression of acceptance and Kopimistic faith.
    - The internet is holy.
    - Code is law.
    Members of Kopimism (Kopimists) and Church of Kopimism recognized religious representatives (Operators) dedicate their lives to living in accordance with these axioms.
    The only correct way for a Kopimist to list is through the sanctification of these religious foundations.

http://kopimistsamfundet.us/about/
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

offical religion, excellent I am joining and the government better not infringe on my religous freedoms to copy movies , television and software from the internet... and I want tax exempt status to exercise those freedoms when I get people to provide tithings to operate my bitorrent farm..

Comment

Ouch, this is sooooo wrong, I might start a religious war.

I wonder whether an axiom is supposed to be able to be traced back to something?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
      X