Polo 9N3 and BMW 1 M coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polo 9N3 and BMW 1 M coupe

So since my car is in service they offered me a replacement car cheaply. So for a few days I'm driving the Polo 9N3 1.4 85HP, 4-door (just like the one pictured).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VW...0620_front.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VW...90620_rear.JPG

It's a lot more girly car than mine, it's not as conducive to aggressive driving as my 6N2 is. Everything inside (gearshifts, pedals) is softer and quality built. I like VW interiors - not too gaudy, quality built and functional. There is a lot more room for various cups and things than in my car, though I don't like the cup holder. This most reviewers like but I don't. I want my car to be minimalist, I hate riding in cars with several things littering the dashboard. The engine is nice though it feels slightly less powerful than mine in higher revs, the sound is really nice. Overall I like it but it's not my style.

Since I've been working well I rewarded myself with a test drive of BMW 1 M coupe (340HP straight 6) on Saturday. Will report how it went.

Last edited by UtwigMU; 28 April 2012, 11:59.

That is one sweet car!!

I just bought similar rims for my 545i...

Comment

That Polo is the Mark IV 9N3 IV facelift... I drive the Mark IV 9N3 (just before that facelift, which changed the lights), and really like it... The dealer recommended me to get the Comfort Pack, as the seats are much better than the standard ones (it also adds airco, which I would take as a separate option - making the added cost of the pack not so much). The car now has nearly 100000 km, and is going strong.
      My previous one was the Mark III 6N facelift, and I don't think there is too much difference between those... although I do prefer the newer one's handling...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Today I got to drive the 1M and it's awesome. The one I drove is slightly uprated, they say 420HP and their driver said it revs up to 300km/h (186mph).

You can completely feel the road under the steering wheel. In 4th at 150km/h it slams you into the seat harder than your hatch can in 2nd at 40km/h. The sound is awesome - gently caress throttle in 3d in tunnel and the throbbing engulfs everything. There is a special button for the exhaust system to open it up and make it sound even more awesome - how sick is that.

Attached the pic of the actual car I drove. The company which offers this service also has 2 Ferraris, Porsche 911 Turbo and Mistu Evo.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 28 April 2012, 09:36.

Comment

Some pictures of car Pr0n I took today:

Porsche 911 Turbo
          Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
          Ferrari F430
          Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

The company which owns them organizes events and you can drive them and even borrow them.
          Attached Files

Comment

KTM X-Bow and 2 more pics of the M1
            Attached Files

Comment

Attaching sound of the 1M which is really awesome.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X