Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins in Dark Shadows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins in Dark Shadows)

http://content.usato.../1#.T5BtvdnvyVB

Jonathan Frid, who played the vampire Barnabas Collins on the TV series Dark Shadows, has died in Canada. He was 87.

Digital Spy reports that the actor died of natural causes at Juravinski Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario, on Friday (the 13th).

Dark Shadows aired on ABC from June 1966 to April 1971. Frid also starred in the 1973 television movie The Devil's Daughter and 1974 horror film Seizure.

Frid's final acting credit is a cameo he filmed for Tim Burton's May 4 remake of Dark Shadows, which stars Johnny Depp as Barnabas.

Kathryn Leigh Scott, who played Maggie Evans and Josette duPres on Dark Shadows opposite Frid, paid tribute to her friend of "more than 40 years" on her website.

"I am so grateful to have worked with Jonathan and to have known him as the charismatic, entertaining, complex and plain spoken man that he was. What fun we had working together! He was irascible, irreverent, funny, caring, lovable and thoroughly professional, and in the end became the whole reason why kids ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows."
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X