Jack Tramiel RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Tramiel RIP

I must have missed it but I saw no thread for Jack Tramiel. A true pioneer in home computing and, I guess, office as well.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

As a matter of fact I did see this the other day. It didn't occur to me that no one would bring it up here.

Sad, anyway. Some life!

Comment

I had Commodores ranging from the PET to the A4000. Quite something for the day, and I still have several.

RIP Jack.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

C=64 and A1000 with 1.5MB through the A590 ST-506/SCSI HD/Memory expansion controller (for which one had to bend a thick metal plate and rework joystick-plugs). If only I had real time to play I'd get me some of those again.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X