Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014) (TRAILER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014) (TRAILER)

It's one of those hot nights, dry and windless. The kind that makes people do sweaty, secret things. Dwight's thinking of all the ways he's screwed up and what he'd give for one clear chance to wipe the slate clean, to dig his way out of the numb gray hell that is his life. And he'd give anything. Just to cut loose. Just to feel the fire. One more time.
    http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/1364...s-this-summer/

Sin City 2 Retitled Sin City: A Dame to Kill For; Shooting Starts This Summer

A sequel has been teased ever since Sin City was released in 2005. In 2010 alone, director Robert Rodriguez discussed Sin City 2 several times, saying in March that the sequel could happen "very soon," then months later said it was just "a matter of when"... only to follow up that months later saying it was "slated to be next."

By 2011, fatigue was starting to wear on any hope that Sin City 2 was ever going to happen, even when Rodriguez said at Comic-Con that "if Sin City 2 happens, it'll happen this year." Then, something strange occurred: actual signs of progress. Departed screenwriter William Monahan was hired to rewrite the script, something Monahan actually confirmed months later. Then, at SXSW in March, Rodriguez said Sin City 2 would start shooting this summer after he finished Machete Kills. Turns out Rodriguez wasn't kidding around, as an official announcement for Sin City 2, now retitled Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, has been released.

In the sequel's press release, Rodriguez had this to say:

The first question I am always asked is "When will you make another Sin City?" I have wanted to re-team with Frank Miller and return to the world he created since the day we wrapped the original, but have felt a duty to the fans to wait until we had something truly exceptional that would meet and exceed what have become epic expectations. A Dame to Kill For will certainly be worth the wait.
    The sequel is based on Miller's Sin City graphic novel of the same name, with Miller supplying two other original stories to make up the screenplay. Both Miller and Monahan are credited for the screenplay, the details of which are being kept secret for now.

"The first Sin City knocked out audiences who had never seen anything like it before," said Miller. "Robert Rodriguez and I are going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first."

Casting will begin next week, with many of the original cast members expected to return. Jaime King, who played the dual roles of Goldie and Wendy in Sin City, has said that she has a role in the sequel. Jessica Alba is expected to return as Nancy Callahan as well. Mickey Rourke, whose "Marv" has a small role in Miller's A Dame to Kill For story, has said that he could be convinced to return. We're sure to find out who is coming back in short order.

No release date has been given for A Dame to Kill For, which will shoot at Rodriguez's Austin-based Troublemaker Studios this summer. Dimension, who released the original Sin City, will distribute the sequel.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Based on the A Dame to Kill For segment of the Sin City graphics novels, a prequel to the first film which was mostly based on The Big Fat Kill and That Yellow Bastard.

Opens August 22, 2014

Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Josh Brolin (Dwight b4 surgery), Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green (The Dame), Dennis Haysbert (Manute - MCD died), Christopher Meloni, Jeremy Piven, Jamie Chung (new Miho, Devon Aoki busy being a mom), Ray Liotta, Juno Temple, Julia Garner and Stacy Keach.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 April 2014, 00:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X