Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Starshop Enterprise that was almost real

Link....

For my money, one of the more interesting 'unsung heroes' in the entertainment business (and there are many, many of them) is a man called Gary Goddard.

Goddard is something of a jack of all trades: he's an accomplished producer on and off Broadway, over the years he's been hugely responsible for the development and implementation of a number of high profile, high end attractions (TERMINATOR 2 3D: BATTLE ACROSS TIME at Universal, JURASSIC PARK: THE RIDE, also at Universal, the recently closed STAR TREK EXPERIENCE in Vegas, etc).
    >
    Back in 1992, Goddard & Co. came close...very close...to mounting an extraordinarily ambitious project in the heart of Las Vegas, which was looking for ways to make bold statements, establish unusual attractions, and generally revitalize itself. A life-sized Starship Enterprise was proposed...which they actually figured out how to build. Visitors would be able to tour the ship's interior, and engage in a number of entertainment opportunities. The attraction would've looked something like this -
    BIG pic 1....

BIG pic 2....

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

As the post alludes to, this could have either been very cool or a complete failure of a project.

Star Trek aside, I had complete forgotten about Captain Power and The Soldiers of The Future. I loved this show when I was a kid and had a bunch of the toys. What a trip down memory lane that is.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
    X