'Nightbreed' (Cable TV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nightbreed' (Cable TV)

PLEASE make it a major so this adaptation of Cabal can be done right....

CraveOnline....

Last year, CraveOnline listed Clive Barker's "Nightbreed" as one of 10 Movies That Should Be TV Series. And now Barker himself is taking action to make that into a reality.

On his website, Barker revealed that he is actively speaking with producers about adapting "Nightbreed" as a cable TV series.

"['Nightbreed'] will have a chance to be as sexy or as graphic in terms of the violence as we need it to be," noted Barker. "For example, do you have 'Spartacus' over there? Oh my God, it redefines gruesome."

"The sensitivity of our culture has sort of caught up with 'Nightbreed,' added Barker. "I don’t wish to be immodest, but the general sense is that the movie failed because people didn’t want to associate with the monster, and I think our culture has changed -- I think our culture is now ready to embrace the ambiguity... You’ve only got to look at 'Twilight,' where obviously the monsters are the good guys -- I’m not a huge fan, but I’m enough of a fan to watch and see monsters being celebrated."

"Nightbreed" was based on Barker's novella "Cabal" before he adapted it himself into a feature film that came out in 1990. The "Nightbreed" movie starred Craig Sheffer as Aaron Boone; a young man framed as a serial killer who discovered that there was a secret community of nightmarish creatures attempting to live safely away from the rest of humanity.

Boone also found himself reborn as one of the NIghtbreed, as he took on the new name, Cabal. David Cronenberg costarred as Dr. Philip K. Decker; Cabal's nemesis, with Anne Bobby as Lori Desinger, Cabal's lover.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 March 2012, 17:04.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

As long as clive's in the driving seat it should be pretty good.
    lets hope hes allowed to do all he wants...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
    X